Newport literally has everything. During your stay here you literally can buy everything you need.
For food Newport boasts
- The Market – Every Monday morning between April and October and over Christmas. A great start to the week when local food producers, and crafts people bring their dishes and wares to sell . A lively festive event with live music which attracts people from surrounding areas into town on Mondays. If you plan to leave on a Monday be sure to pop down and enjoy.
- Newport Healthfoods – the best wholefood shop for miles around. Here you can buy local cheeses, ales, whisky chocolate bread and cakes. All of which would make welcome gifts to take away with you. Organic fruit and vegetables and produce, herbal remedies and general whole foods and delicasies. Also local guide books, and books on organic gardening, mystical gifts.
- Spar – Genral groceries, wine, bread cakes and pastries newspapers
- The Butcher – The reputation of this butcher spreads far and wide. High quality locally produced meet, game, produce and vegetables.
- The Baker – Glan Towy, Church Street ( next door) famed for their bara brith, buns and welshcakes
Other shops in Newport
- Angel House – Lovely gifts, jewelry, guidebooks, books by local authors, newspapers, cards and stationary local cakes
- The post office – Also cards and stationary guide books and books by local authors. Also has a hole in the wall for banking.
- Lloyds Pharamcy – market street
- Havards – Hardware shop which sells everything you can think of and much more that you wouldn’t even dream of. Always ask for what you want. Cuts keys. Gear for boats, fishing, surfing and walking.
- Elements – Quality clothes for the outdoors above the Launderette
- Newport Collective – Fabulous gallery run by a collective of local artists and crafts people. Absolutely the place for the unique affordable quality gift. The members also take commissions so always ask who ever is on duty and visit their website.
- Newport Gift Shop – quirky and pretty gifts and cards with wide appeal.
- Yr Oriel – Local gallery with fine art work and sculptures from local artists a treat to view and possible a place to find something very special.
- Pauline Harries Studio – Local artist who also owns the post office, delightful ceramics and art works.
- The Candle Centre – A pleasant walk to Cilgwyn or a 5 minute drive. An opportunity to view and buy anything to do with candles also the books of local author Brian John
- Blue Stone Brewery – local beer made with local spring water a family run business in Cilgwyn. Look up their website for events and opening hours.
- Penlan Uchaf Gardens, The Gwaun Valleybeautiful gardens, cream teas and morning coffees with spectacular views of the preselis and the Gwaun Valley. Also the Carn Edward farm home of longhorn cattle.